Carrots are used widely in the kitchens for its sweetness and vivid colour. Apart from aesthetics and taste, they provide a lot of nutrition to the body.
Carrots are good for the eyesight; carrots are good for the complexion; carrots are anti-aging; carrots help lower the risk of cancer; carrots prevent heart disease; carrots reduce the risk of stroke; carrots help to kill germs in the mouth that cause tooth damage.
Carrots can be eaten raw, consumed as juice or cooked. Here’s a simple and delicious recipe to include carrots in your diet.
– 5 Carrots, peeled and diced (or any amount, up to your needs)
– 3 Onions, peeled and sliced
– 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
– Olive oil
– Cream (amount depends on your preferred consistency and richness)
– You can also use low-fat milk.
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 1 tsp butter (optional)
– Tefal Blendforce Glass
– Chopping knife
– Non-stick Saucepan
1) Heat olive oil in non-stick pan (I’m using Tefal Intensium non-stick saucepan)
2) Add onion into pan and sauté for about 1-2 minutes on medium heat.
3) Followed by garlic. Keep stirring so it doesn’t burn. Garlic cooks faster, thus this sequence.
4) After a minute or so, add diced carrot to the pan.
5) Add butter (optional)
6) Cover the pan with lid, turn down the heat, and let it cook till carrots are tender. Stir occasionally so the bottom doesn’t burn.
7) Add cream (or non-fat milk) and let it simmer for a while.
8) Season with salt and pepper.
9) Let it cool a little after cooking before adding it into Tefal Blendforce Glass.
10) Blend to a smooth consistency.
This highly versatile carrot purée can be used as a dip or served as a side.
Seared Salmon with Carrot Purée
I’m a huge fan of mashed potato; it’s a quintessential accompaniment for my mains. Packed with nutrients, the Carrot Purée is a great alternative to the starchy carbohydrate!
You can turn the carrot purée into a sauce simply by adding more cream or milk for a thinner consistency!
Tefal Blendforce Glass comes with a mini chopper. It is great for obtaining pastes and blending dry products into powder.
After some experimentation, I realise this chopper is great for making fish paste! (Springy, smooth, bouncy fish balls!!!)
If you want to make fish balls, simply blend your preferred fish in Tefal chopper till it turns into a smooth paste, adding some corn flour and a bit of water. After obtaining the smooth paste, shape them into balls and there you have it.
I wanted to make something that will go well with the Puréed Carrot Sauce, so here’s a Salmon and Potato Cake recipe.
Salmon and Potato Cake with Puréed Carrot Sauce
– Salmon fillet, thawed and deboned
– 1 potato, boiled
– Salt and pepper to taste
– ½ teaspoon of corn flour
– A bit of water
– 1 egg yolk
– Cooking oil
1) Blend raw salmon into a paste.
2) Scoop it out of the Tefal Chopper into a bowl and mix in cornstarch.
3) Combine salmon paste, potato along with salt and pepper in the chopper and do it in batches, as this serving size won’t fit into the container.
4) After blending everything by batches, scoop into bowl and mix in the egg yolk.
5) Add a bit of cooking oil into a non-stick pan (I’m using Tefal Intensium Non-stick saucepan).
6) I’m using a heart-shape ring mould that I bought from Daiso. Fill in the mould with the mixture and let it sear on medium heat.
7) I removed the mould as soon as one side is seared, before flipping it.
8) Once evenly browned on both sides, it’s ready to be plated!
Straight from the pan…
…and here’s with a splash of Puréed Carrot Sauce.
I’ve never been so adventurous in the kitchen until Tefal came into my life. I used to be so afraid of kitchen disasters and megaflops, but Tefal appliances gave me more confidence with its ingenious technology. I highly recommend their products for quality and safety!
Check out my previous recipes using Tefal appliances:
Creamy Vegetable Soup using Tefal Blendforce Glass http://melicacy.com/?p=4689
Strawberry ‘Cheesecake’ Milkshake http://melicacy.com/?p=4681
Unconventional Mid-Autumn treats using Tefal Blendforce Glass and chopper http://melicacy.com/?p=4719
Brown Rice Risotto using Tefal Non-stick Pan http://melicacy.com/?p=4506
Visit Tefal’s website for more information: http://www.tefal.com/Homepage.htm