Catering to the palates of chocoholics and coffee lovers alike, Haagen-Dazs invites Eduardo Vastolo, illyCaffe Barista Trainer for the Asia Pacific Region, to craft three coffee creations infused with the new Chocolate Hazelnut Brittle ice cream flavour.
This new flavour is a decadent combination of dark chocolate ice cream with a smooth hazelnut swirl and textured pieces of crunchy hazelnut brittle.
Coffee fans can enjoy Eduardo’s creations in the comforts of their homes as Eduardo has a step-by-step video guide on how to create them using home coffee machines. He also hosted a series of workshops for participants to learn how to make the perfect ice cream coffee.
I attended the hands-on session hosted by Eduardo, watched him demonstrate his recipes of the ice cream coffees, and also got to fabricate my own Haagen-Dazs coffee creation.
Macchiato Brittle ($13.90)
To concoct the Macchiato Brittle, a steaming shot of espresso is topped with Cappuccino Truffle and Chocolate Hazelnut Brittle ice cream, along with a mix of hot and cold frothy milk.
Café Brittle Sunrise ($12.90)
As for the Café Brittle Sunrise, a steaming shot of espresso is topped with Chocolate Hazelnut Brittle ice cream and frothy milk for the perfect balance of chocolate and espresso.
The coffee creations will be available at Haagen-Dazs outlets for a limited period only, from 1st to 14th November 2013. But fans can still continue the legacy by replicating the recipes at home with the Chocolate Hazelnut Brittle ice cream.
The ice cream is pretty addictive with that delightful crunch! When you taste it, you’ll agree that resistance is futile. Inspired by Eduardo’s creations, I picked up the Bamix Magicwand hand blender and came up with this recipe.
Haagen-Dazs Chocolate Hazelnut Brittle and Oat Magic
– 2 scoops of Haagen-Dazs Chocolate Hazelnut Brittle ice cream
– 2 tablespoons of quaker oats.
– ½ cup whipping cream (divided into two portions)
– Cocoa powder for finishing touch (optional)
1) Add quaker oats and first portion of whipping cream into a bowl and blend using the hand blender till frothy.
2) In another bowl, add one scoop of Haagen-Dazs Chocolate Hazelnut Brittle ice cream and remaining portion of whipping cream and blend.
3) To assemble, pour the blended ice cream mixture, top it off with the frothy oats and cream mixture, followed by a scoop of Haagen-Dazs Chocolate Hazelnut Brittle ice cream.
4) Optional: Dust cocoa powder over the top for the finishing touch.
Haagen-Dazs Chocolate Hazelnut Brittle is available in 100ml pack at SGD$5.50 and in 500ml pints at SGD$14.50. For more information, check out: facebook.com/HaagenDazs.Singapore