Chope – a term used to express the act of reserving seats – is one trait that’s uniquely Singaporean. Here are 10 restaurants worth Chope-ing your seats at, some of which are popular ones you should Chope way in advance.
1) A for Arbite – Providing relief from the bustling city centre, this spacious and relaxing enclave offers meticulously crafted dishes that will leave an impression. Potentially one of the top brunch places in Singapore, A for Arbite also makes for a cosy and intimate dinner venue. They are also adept at making their own pastas from scratch. Read my full review here: http://melicacy.com/?p=7067
Make reservations for A for Arbite HERE.
2) Basilico – One of my favourite buffet restaurants in Singapore, Basilico is Regent Singapore’s flagship Italian restaurant offering a gastronomic array representative of the many regions of Italy. Diners get to choose their main course, which will come with the antipasti and dessert buffet of unsurpassable quality. Read my full review here: http://melicacy.com/?p=5528
Make reservations for Basilico HERE.
3) Checkers Brasserie at Hilton Singapore offers a delectable A La Carte Sunday Brunch. Diners can spend more time bonding, and less time picking from the buffet line –dishes are served to the table, warm and cooked a la minute. Indulge in unlimited portions of Lobster Thermidor, Foie Gras Dumplings, Pan-seared Scallops, Broiled Chilean Seabass and more. Read my full review here: http://melicacy.com/?p=6025
Make reservations for Checkers Brasserie HERE.
Make reservations for Forest HERE.
5) Original Sin is my favourite vegetarian restaurant in Singapore, because it defies all preconception on vegetables being boring and insipid. The kitchen dishes out meatless dishes with creativity and flair.
Make reservations for Original Sin HERE.
6) Pepenero is a quaint little restaurant housed in one of the conservative shophouses on Stanley Street. This small and cosy restaurant is dressed with crisp white tablecloths and plush seats. Dishes are homely Italian, well executed. Alluring flavours are evidence they cut no corners. Read my full review here: http://melicacy.com/?p=4845
Make reservations for Pepenero HERE.
7) Platters Bistro & Wine Bar offers a new menu every four months, re-designed by guest chefs. Platters is all about sharing and bonding; items are served as sharing platters on wooden boards. Read about my dining experiences here http://melicacy.com/?p=5096, here http://melicacy.com/?p=5606, and here http://melicacy.com/?p=6921.
NOTE: Platters has reopened as My Little Tapas Bar.
Make reservations for My Little Tapas Bar HERE.
8) Stellar at 1-Altitude was the first restaurant to have blown me away –breathless. The view is spectacular, and the fine dining experience, impeccable. We have also heard of countless marriage proposals happening in this well-appointed restaurant. Read my full review here: http://melicacy.com/?p=4851
Make reservations for Stellar at 1-Altitude HERE.
9) Wooloomooloo Steakhouse one steakhouse you have to visit at least once in your life. The ambience, service, food and cocktails amount to an experience like no other. Purchase $2,5000 worth of wines to own a personalised locker and receive a personal steak knife with your name engraved on it. Read my full review here: http://melicacy.com/?p=4575
Make reservations for Wooloomooloo Steakhouse HERE.
10) 7Adam is a chic and stylish restaurant housed in a charming black and white colonial house at Adam Park, where apart from dining, guests can admire and purchase art pieces. Exhibits are changed every 8-10 weeks; hence patrons have varied works to admire throughout the year.
Make reservations for 7Adam HERE.