CP Foods introduces the new Pork and Chicken Gyozas just in time for Lunar New Year –the annual festive celebration that means incessant steamboat feastings and nibbling on goodies. Perfect for any occasions, the gyozas taste good steeped in soup (think: steamboat), steamed, pan-fried or deep-fried. The combination of pork and chicken brings a whole new level of succulence. For an added touch of vegetal flavour and texture, you can go for the one stuffed with chives.
These ready-made dumplings are easy to prepare and requires no defrosting. You can even microwave them. How about a simple homemade noodle soup dish with boiled gyozas? (I used the Philips Advance Noodle Maker for the noodles.) The CP Foods Pork and Chicken Gyoza retails at $5.90 per pack, available at major supermarkets.
I don’t mind myself eager to write about restaurants that are just average. The reviews you see on Melicacy sit on both the extreme ends of good and bad. Restaurants that are really good deserve special mention; likewise, I find it mandatory to warn others about restaurants that are really bad so readers don’t have to go through the same utter nightmarish experience that I did. Gyoza-Ya happens to be one I feel deserves glowing reviews.
As a specialist in making gyozas, Gyoza-Ya has adopted the latest Japanese technology to assist the kitchen team in producing fresh gyoza at high speed. With this (not-so-secret-anymore) culinary weapon, each gyoza is consistent in weight and size.
The 77-seater restaurant at Robinsons Orchard (the former Heeren Mall) features an open kitchen concept. Diners can choose to sit around the kitchen (with 31 seats available), decidedly the front row seats to “live cooking entertainment”. Continue reading
Big Treasure Box ($15) – Paddington House of Pancakes
City Square Mall is giving diners huge dining discounts at participating outlets, as well as attractive gifts for shoppers such as Cedele vouchers and chic lunch pouches, from 4 July till 3 August 2014.
Deals worth visiting City Square Mall for:
– Over at KFC, grab 5 pieces of chicken for $9.90 –this promotion is available exclusively at the City Square Mall outlet.
– Get a free coke with every ice-cream creation purchased at Andersen’s of Denmark.
– Bring home a Manchester United exclusive water bottle with every $50 spent at Javier’s Rotisserie & Salad Bar.
– Get a free mini sundae with an upsized order of the BK Doubles Rendang Value Meal at Burger King.
– Promotional fondue in various flavours from $15 at Paddington House of Pancakes.
– Order a drink or dessert at just $1 with every ramen ordered at Marutama Ra-Men.
– 1-for-1 Signature Beef Noodle at Lai Lai Taiwan Casual Dining.
– Only $9 for Paradise Inn’s Song Fish Head (U.P. $18.90) only at the City Square Mall outlet.