SAVOUR 2013, presented by NESPRESSO, is Singapore’s largest gourmet festival, back with an all-new line-up to entice fervent foodies.
To be held at the F1 Pit Building & Paddock grounds from 11 to 14 April 2013, attendees can look forward to meeting Michelin-star and world-renowned chefs, along with top local talent, at the 350-seater Gourmet Auditorium. More than 60 award-winning dishes will be presented in pop-up restaurants at the alfresco Gourmet Village, ranging from as low as $6. The extensive array of 300 master classes, workshops and demonstrations is also highly anticipated – all included in an accessibly priced ticket – which provides attendees with a wide variety of itineraries and hands-on involvement.
Also not to be missed is The Great FIJI Water Race happening on Saturday, 13 April 2013, from 12pm to 4pm, where a winner gets to take home a grand prize of $1000 cash and one year’s supply of FIJI Water. Contest hopefuls are required to complete tasks to earn the most points in the shortest amount of time, documenting their trail through photos and captions on Instagram with the hash tag #FIJIWaterSavour2013. Mini prizes including complimentary cooking demonstrations at ToTT and cupcakes from Cake Over Heels will be awarded to the first 100 participants who complete each task.
For more information on The Great FIJI Water Race, visit their or their website.
NESPRESSO, being SAVOUR 2013’s representing partner and official coffee, is one of the highlights, offering workshops for coffee aficionados and inquisitive novices. Here’s a sneak peek of a NESPRESSO Mixologist Session, with the energetic and jovial yet professional Mark Tay running the show.
We had a hands-on session, utilising the nifty and compact NESPRESSO PIXIE machine. It takes only 25 to 30 seconds to heat up, before it’s ready to use. Here are the recipes of three beverages that we put together, following Mark Tay’s guidance.
Cappuccino a la Rose
- 40ml Dulsao do Brasil Grand Cru
- 100ml Fresh Cold Milk
- 15ml Rose Syrup
- 1 pc White Chocolate
1) Froth milk with rose syrup.
2) Place white chocolate chip in cup and freshly brewed hot espresso over it.
3) Top (2) with rose syrup-infused milk foam.
Mocca Latte with Coconut
- 110ml Linizio Lungo Grand Cru
- 70ml liquid chocolate
- 60ml fresh milk
- 15ml coconut syrup
1) Froth milk with coconut syrup.
2) Pour liquid chocolate into glass.
3) Carefully pour in coffee to form a second layer.
4) Scoop the froth in to form the uppermost layer, and slowly pouring the milk in.
5) Garnish with cocoa powder.
Nespresso Mint Caipiroska
- 40ml Indriya from India Grand Cru
- 30ml vodka
- 15ml coffee liquer
- 15ml sugar syrup
- 30ml fresh lime juice
- 5 sprigs fresh mint
1) Add vodka, coffee liquer, syrup and limejuice into mixing glass.
2) Extract espresso and pour into mix.
3) Slap mint to awaken oils and add to mix.
4) Shake well with ice and strain into glass.
SAVOUR 2013, presented by NESPRESSO
11-14 April 2013
F1 Pit Building & Paddock
$35 per day including $20 Savour Dollars for Savour Pass
$65 per session with $30 Savour Dollars for Savour Premier Pass